Ten reflections on my first foray into Motherhood –
- Another persons bowel movements have never been so interesting… in fact very few bodily functions have ever been so interesting.
- Some how my days are slower and busier at the same time.
- Everyday, whether it was good or bad, feels like an accomplishment.
- I feel an inherent need to finally improve on those “little” things so my son will have a good example to follow.
- I find myself wondering what on earth I was doing before that was as important as this.
- The phrase “A woman’s work is never done” is really true – whether stay at home or working mother, this is our battleground, we were made for it – so suck it up buttercup this is your duty.
- I will use any excuse to make a funny face or noise.
- Every plan I think of is with him in mind first, myself second without realizing it.
- I’m so glad I had a boy first – I love dinosaurs, robots, dirt, tractors, etc. – I’d love them just as much if Henry was a girl, but this way people don’t look at me as funny.
- Somehow I suddenly know every lyric to every Disney movie I’ve ever seen – Aladdin, Snow White, Mary Poppins, Mulan, anything – some how I know them all again.
Proof of #7 or possibly # 10
Pardon me, “Part of Their World” from “The Little Mermaid” just came on the Pandora Station and I’ve got to give it my all.